Ormesson in France
Ormesson - named after André Févre d'Ormesson
Ormesson is a small town about 50 kilometres (30 miles) South of Paris, it was called Amboile until 1758.
In 1632, after the death of his father-in-law, André Févre d'Ormesson became lord of Amboile. In 1758, Louis XV gave to the village of Amboile the name of Ormesson, which it always kept, even during the Revolution.
The name d'Ormesson (of Ormesson) presumably refers to Ormesson-sur-Marne, a place North of Paris.